Vision, Values & Goals
As a university-wide center, the Center for the Integration of Science Education and Research is:
- a national leader in the integration of research and education in the sciences. The Center will provide a mechanism for assuring that the increasing research activity at Texas Tech will positively impact the educational experiences of students in the sciences at Texas Tech and in the regional and local K-12 schools.
- develop innovative programs to involve students and teachers at all levels in the research enterprise.
- create a seamless community of science educators from K-16.
- serve as a mechanism for recruiting more students and teachers into the sciences.
- contribute positively to Texas Tech’s reputation by developing nationally recognized programs in the integration of research and education.
As a university-wide center, the Center for the Integration of Science Education and Research is committed to research and education in the sciences are inseparable and complementary, and the removal of barriers between education and research organizations, academic units, disciplines, scientists and non-scientists, and between the university and schools.
As a university-wide center, the Center for the Integration of Science Education and Research does research that encourages and enables the integration of science education and research at all educational levels and explores innovative mechanisms for doing so. We expand educational opportunities for undergraduate science students by promoting and supporting undergraduate research, and enhance recruitment and retention of pre-college science teachers.
CISER supports the integration of education and research, the sciences for Texas Tech students, and regional and local K-12 students and teachers.
CISER, in partnership with the Region 17 Education Service Center (ESC), also receives funding from the Texas Regional Collaborative to support professional development activities for area teachers and tuition support for teachers enrolled in Texas Tech University’s MS in Multidisciplinary Science program.